The Seeds and Weeds of My Life

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Memorial service, movie review & other stuff

It's been awhile since I've written anything in this blog, so here's an update.

The week-end of Oct. 21st, we went to Vermont for my Dad's memorial service. No condolences are necessary, as it's been almost three years since he passed away. His urn has been sitting on my fireplace mantle all this time, but recently my Mom decided she wanted the urn to be buried. So, we made the arrangements and we buried him in the cemetery on an island in Lake Champlain, where my parents used to live. My Dad loved the island, so I know he'd be pleased with our cemetery choice.

My Dad's death didn't come as a surprise. Not only was he just a few days shy of being 88 when he passed away, but six months earlier he had coded and been resuscitated 8 times. He shouldn't have lived as long as he did! It's funny how no matter how well prepared you think you are for someone to die though, sometimes you're not really prepared at all. And, it's funny how almost three years after your Dad dies, it can still make you cry when you try to write about it in your blog.

Please excuse my Mom's "back side", but for privacy's sake, I didn't want to show the photos with her face.


My Mom ~ photo taken the day after the Memorial Service

The week-end of Oct. 28th was the Fall Cyber Crop at Memory Book Inspirations. It was awesome!

This past Wednesday, we went to see the movie "Flags of Our Fathers". Our seventeen year old, Brittany, treated us. Wasn't that sweet of her? Although normally I wouldn't consider "Flags of Our Fathers" to be my type of movie, I really enjoyed it! Although there were some very gruesome scenes, overall the movie was extremely powerful and educational. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD, so I can watch it again!

Well, I guess that's about it for the latest news. Most everything else has been status quo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home