The Seeds and Weeds of My Life

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday Blog Challenge 11.19.06

Sunday Blog Challenge from Two Peas in Bucket

Challenge:
Holiday Sparkle or Traditional Mistletoe? Share your preferences for Christmas decorating... what kinds of things do you love?

Traditional Mistletoe. I love Christmas and all the traditions surrounding it!

Our main Christmas tree is old-fashioned looking, with a popcorn chain, candy canes and Gingerbread cookies on it. The ornaments are all different and each one has sentimental value. Decorating the Christmas tree is a family affair. We play Christmas music and drink eggnog, while we unwrap the ornaments and relive the memories that surround them. Every year, we give a special gift ornament to each child....one that has been selected especially for them, based on their interests or achievements that year.

My large Christmas village is set up on a table in the living room and, most years, a new house is added to it. I also collect crèche scenes, which I display on our hutch, fireplace mantle, corner cabinet, and elsewhere throughout the house.

We have a small tabletop tree in our dining room, with miniature ornaments on it & a miniature crèche scene under it. In our enclosed porch, we have a large artificial tree, which can be viewed from our dining room through a sliding glass door. A train goes around and around the tree and a small Christmas village is displayed under the tree. The ornaments on that tree are ones we've inherited.

I collect balsam and pine greens, from our woodland, to use for decorating. I have pine cones wreaths, made from pine cones collected in our woods. Some years, I make a Partridge Berry terrarium.

I love the look and feel of an old-fashioned country Christmas! I even hang up mistletoe! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home