The Seeds and Weeds of My Life

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Santas by Santa Carver

Before my brother-in-law had a stroke and she had to become his caregiver, my sister used to hand carve Santas out of wood. Although she sold most of her Santas at gift shops and craft fairs, every Christmas she used to carve family members a Santa. Here are some of the Santas she carved for me. They are some of my most treasured Christmas decorations!


This Santa is a candlestick.


Another candlestick, with a close-up of it.


A hanging ornament, with a close-up of it.


Another candlestick.


The following Santa is carved on a wooden thread spool.


Occasionally, she carved subjects other than Santas.


If you enjoyed looking at these Santas, you will want to visit my sister's web site to see many of the larger and more ornate Santas she has carved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home