The Seeds and Weeds of My Life

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Snow Themed Tree

I mentioned in a different post that the ornaments on our porch tree are ones we inherited. They're not heirloom ornaments, just ordinary thread-covered Styrofoam balls that my in-laws didn't want to take to Florida with them when they moved. They've seen better days, so my husband and I had been talking about replacing them next year with snow themed ornaments.

Well, guess what my wonderful husband did!? He bought me some white garland, white lights, a snowflake tree topper, 36 snowflake ornaments, 40 icicle ornaments and several different snowmen ornaments. Today, our 17 year old took the old ornaments, lights and garland off the tree and then she and my husband re-decorated the tree together! What a great family I have!


Here are a few of the snowmen ornaments.




Here you can see some of the snowflakes and icicles.


Here is a long-shot of the tree.

5 Comments:

  • well that is just to pretty!!!
    :-D

    By Blogger TJ, at 8:34 PM  

  • Snowmen are among my most favorite Christmas decorations! Hope you're feeling a bit better..
    :)

    By Blogger Susie, at 7:32 PM  

  • I collect snowmen, so of course I love this!!!

    By Blogger Cheryl Wray, at 8:42 PM  

  • What a wonderful man.

    I love the snowmen. They are some of my favorite ornaments.

    By Blogger Diana LaMarre, at 5:59 AM  

  • Those snowmen are so cute, and the tree is really beautiful!! What a great family project.

    By Blogger someone else, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home